Terror Attack at Bishop Airport in Flint? Officer Stabbed in Neck

 In Breaking News, Domestic

Police are investigating a stabbing at Bishop Airport in Flint, Michigan as a possible terrorist incident. The airport was evacuated, and police were stationed around the Flint City Hall after a man shouted “allahu akbar” and stabbed an airport officer in the neck.

Update: The suspect was identified as Amor M. Ftouhi, 50, a dual Canadian-Tunisian citizen. He appeared in court late Wednesday and will appear next week for a detention hearing.

“Right now we are still awaiting more information about the situation at Bishop Airport this morning. My thoughts and prayers are with all of our law enforcement officers who work to service and protect us each and every day. I want the public to know that several agencies are involved and working to ensure the situation is under control. However, at this time we are taking extra precautions just to be safe.” Flint Mayor Karen Weaver 

The FBI is taking the lead on the investigation in conjunction with Michigan State Police, Flint and Airport Police.

The FBI released a statement that reads in part,

We are aware of reports that the attacker made statements immediately prior to or while attacking the officer, but it is too early to determine the nature of these alleged statements or whether or not this was an act of terrorism.

Based on the information that we have at this time, we believe this to be an isolated incident. We currently have no specific, credible information that there is a threat to the Flint community.

Witness Ken Brown saw the policeman on his knees and bleeding from the neck. The suspect was in custody nearby.

“The cop was on his hands and knees bleeding from his neck. I said they need to get him a towel.” Ken Brown


Lieutenant Jeff Neville

Lieutenant Jeff Neville was standing at his post near the top of the escalators at the Bishop Airport when he was attacked from behind with a knife.

Initially Officer Neville was in critical condition, but has since been upgraded to stable.

The suspect is in custody, but his name has not been released. He is reportedly from Canada.

The airport issued a statement saying that all passengers were safe, but to check for canceled flights.

Showing 2 comments
pingbacks / trackbacks

Leave a Comment

Start typing and press Enter to search