Pizza Hut Shooting Averted? Suspect With Small Arsenal Arrested

 In Domestic

“See something, say something” may have averted a Pizza Hut shooting incident in Griffin, Georgia. Jeremy Arnez Eppinger, 26, was arrested after witnesses called police, saying the man was “acting suspicious.” The incident occurred on February 24, but not released until March 1.

According to a witness, Eppinger was allegedly crouching behind a retaining wall near the Pizza Hut and was wearing a camouflage mask. As he crouched there, he kept looking up at the Pizza Hut. Then he jumped over the retaining wall, and pulled a gun from his waistband. As soon as one of the witnesses saw the gun he attempted to leave the area quickly. That reportedly spooked Eppinger, who fled to his vehicle.

When police arrived, Eppinger had a camouflage mask around his neck and was in possession of a Smith and Wesson 9mm, a Kel-Tec AR pistol, and another hand gun. He also had hundreds of rounds of ammunition. He was immediately taken into custody.

Griffin Police Department reported,

“It was discovered that Mr. Eppinger also had in his possession a Kel-Tec AR-15 style pistol and a third pistol, hundreds of round of ammunition—including pre-loaded magazines of 9mm, multiple 30 round magazines of .223, boxes of multiple caliber rounds, and other pre-loaded magazines in the vehicle…
… he was arrested and charged with criminal attempt of aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, as well as other misdemeanor crimes.”

Eppinger is currently being held without bond in the Spalding County Jail, according to the Atlanta Journal-Courier. Police stated that the witnesses who called 911 did so quickly enough that the police got there to block Eppinger from fleeing the scene or complete whatever was his intent. The investigation is considered still active.

Situational awareness in this case may have prevented a tragedy.

Featured photo – Spalding County via Fox News.

Leave a Comment

Start typing and press Enter to search

zachary greenburgbeheading