Officer – Marine Reservist Killed One Day After Being Sworn In

 In Domestic

Officer – Marine Reservist Killed One Day After Being Sworn In

Update: the man who shot Ashley Guindon was an Army Staff Sergeant. Guindon served in the Marine Corps Reserve from 2007- 2015. The Marine Corps Times reported,

Ronald Williams Hamilton, 32, is being held without bond in the Prince William County Adult Detention Center on charges that include murder of a law enforcement officer. He is accused of shooting and killing Officer Ashley Guindon after she answered a domestic violence call at the Hamilton home Saturday evening.

Woodbridge, Virginia – Prince William County Police Officer Ashley Guindon was sworn in on February 26, 2016. On February 27, she was shot to death and two other officers injured when responding to a domestic dispute.

The suspect is in custody and uninjured, although he faces a Capital Murder charge.

One of the two other officers is in critical condition after being shot multiple times, the other is stable, according to the Corey Stewart, who is on the Board of County Supervisors.

Domestic disputes one of the most dangerous calls for service

Officers responded to the domestic dispute around 5:30 p.m. on Saturday. Details of the dispute were sketchy. One civilian woman was dead at the scene when officers arrived. A child who was not harmed was also there.

The shooting occurred in a suburban neighborhood called Lake Ridge, which is about 20 miles south of Washington, D.C.. Homes there are around $500,000 on average.

Names of the other officers and the suspect have not been released. This article will be updated as more information comes in.


Twitter Photo of police car honoring the loss of Officer Ashley Guindon

The “Rookie” – also a Marine Reservist

Ashley Guindon had been a County officer previously, but after a sabbatical returned to law enforcement.

She served in the US Marine Corps Reserve, and had a degree in Aeronautics. She had relatives who were also in law enforcement.

As a Corporal in the Marine Crops, she had been stationed at Bolling Air Force Base and was involved with a unit assigned to sending home the remains of fallen Marines. It is unclear if she was currently in the reserves.

She held a pilot’s license for flying historical aircraft.

Fox News reported that more than 100 patrol cars lined the road as they escorted Guindon’s body to the Medical Examiner early Sunday morning.


Leave a Comment

Start typing and press Enter to search