Exchanging Truth for a Lie – Dems Want Confederate Statues Removed
Erasing the history of the United States will not change it, says a Native American Congressman. Nancy Pelosi and Cory Booker have both called for the removal of all Confederate Statues from Statuary Hall in the US Capitol Building. This comes as the scramble to appease protesters and hate groups grows at a fever pitch across the nation.
“Let me ask you this: Is history not an opportunity to learn from one’s mistakes? When we fall short of the high standard we set for our nation and its citizens, we make mistakes. What’s most important is that our nation remembers and learns from them. As soon as we forget about our history, we are bound to repeat the same errors.”
Rep Mullin is speaking the truth, but it appears that no one is listening.
Cities like Baltimore have removed statues in the middle of the night. Texas removed four statues on the campus of UT – Austin, also overnight. Fear instead of wisdom have overtaken city and state governments, as political correctness has “run amok.”
Nancy Pelosi called for the removal of ten Confederate statues from the US Capitol Building.
“There is no room for celebrating the violent bigotry of the men of the Confederacy in the hallowed halls of the United States Capitol or in places of honor across the country.” Nancy Pelosi
But is she demanding they remove “bigotry” or evidence of her own party’s complicity in racism? Cory Booker, also a Democrat, plans to introduce legislation to remove them. The states chose which statues to place in the hall, not Congress.
Here are the statues the Dems demand they remove:
1. Jefferson Davis, the president of the Confederacy – a Democrat from Mississippi.
2. Alexander Stephens, vice president of the Confederacy – a Democrat from Georgia.
3. General Robert E. Lee, a Virginian who never dabbled in politics.
4. General Joseph Wheeler, an Alabama Democrat.
5. James Zachariah George, a Democrat from Mississippi.
6. Wade Hampton III, a Democrat from South Carolina.
7. General Edmund Kirby Smith, a Democrat from Florida.
8. Zebulon Baird Vance, a Democrat from North Carolina.
9. John E. Kenna, a Democrat from West Virginia.
10. Jabez Lamar Monroe Curry, a Democrat from Georgia.
Gosh, wonder why they haven’t talked about removing KKK member Robert Byrd’s statue. Just asking.
In other ridiculous news:
- Fans of Missy Elliot, a rapper/singer, have started a petition to replace the Confederate Statue in Old Towne Portsmouth, Virginia. Yeah. She gave her life for something important…not.
- The Alamo is being called “offensive” – yes our favorite Davy Crockett history is being attacked. Supporters want to “Re-imagine the Alamo.” The plan all sounds so innocuous, but focuses on “diversity.”
- In California, vandals defaced the statue of a Catholic Saint and Native American Child, scrawling “murder” down the length of the statue.
- Duke University had to remove the statue of Robert E Lee after vandals defaced it.
- Vandals tore down three total Confederate Statues in North Carolina. Not just the one in Durham, but two in Wilmington.
There are literally hundreds of examples of this stupidity. In the fever pitch, statues of our Presidents have been vandalized, one peace monument was mistaken for a Confederate one and defaced… It’s “mob rule.”
“…America doesn’t cower behind political correctness. It defiantly and courageously moves forward, with its history as a reminder of where we have been. Let us look boldly into our history and learn the lessons that made us the “shining city on the hill” and the example for all other peoples..” Rep Markwayne Mullin
Don’t we wish…