Democrats Replace POW/MIA Flags for Transgender Flag This Last Week

In opinion, Politics

This last week, some of the Democrats removed the POW/MIA flag by their offices and replaced it with a transgender flag to “protest” Trump’s transgender ban on military service. Though reportedly temporary, it was an act of disrespect. Some simply added the transgender flag, which was a better idea. They are calling this week, which happened to contain Vietnam Veterans Day, “TransVisbilityWeek.” Bad timing.

So what’s wrong with standing for something? Democrats have a nasty habit of standing “FOR” something at the expense of standing AGAINST something else- in this case, removing the POW/MIA flags in an extremely poorly timed “protest.” The flags were delivered to members of Congress by the “National Center for Transgender Equality.”

There are still 1,589 Americans listed as MIA – missing in action. Of the 2,500 Americans officially listed as Prisoners of War or Missing in Action, only 1,200 of them were ultimately found to be killed with no body recovered. The flag is a symbol of the missing in Vietnam. Yesterday, Vietnam Veterans Day, replacing those flags was an affront to the memories of those lost in the Vietnam War.

“On March 9,1989, a POW/MIA Flag, which flew over the White House on the 1988 National POW/MIA Recognition Day, was installed in the United States Capitol Rotunda as a result of legislation passed overwhelmingly during the 100th session of Congress. The leadership of both Houses hosted the installation ceremony in a demonstration of bipartisan congressional support. This POW/MIA Flag, the only flag displayed in the United States Capitol Rotunda, stands as a powerful symbol of our national commitment to our POW/MIAs until the fullest possible accounting for Americans still missing in Southeast Asia has been achieved.” USflag.org

Here are some of the legislators who either replaced or added the flag to the ones on display at their offices.

Politicizing the troops?

The House of Representatives passed a resolution on Thursday condemning Trump’s transgender ban. Rep Joe Kennedy called it “targeted discrimination,” according to Fox. It passed 238-185 along mostly party lines. It was a non-binding resolution. Five Republicans voted for the Democrat resolution: Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania, Trey Hollingsworth of Indiana, Will Hurd of Texas, John Katko of New York and Tom Reed of New York.

Next time Democrats want to stand for something, how about they stand for our military? They seem to be having confusion on that idea.Why did the National Center for Transgender Equality pick this week?

Featured photo: screenshot via Kim Schrier, (D-WA), a member of the LGBTEq caucus. Her display without the POW/MIA flag was “temporary,” as she had the POW/MIA flag inside her office. “As a proud member of the @LGBTEqCaucus, I will do everything I can to make sure transgender people #WontBeErased by violence, fear or prejudice. I am committed to safety and equality for all. #TransVisibilityWeek”

• Lynda

This don’t show isn’t showing Trump anything this is showing lack of respect to those who are missing or those who are prisoners of war and their family’s the POW FLAG MIA FLAG are not about Trump it’s about those who served
    that are missing or in prison cause of war so your basically disrespectful to what your standing against

• Kenny

I hope everyone of you democrats rot in Hell
      I hope the people of the United States vote everyone of you out of office
      Non of you deserve to breath the same air we breathe
      I will stand by Trump till my last breath

• Richard Hicks

I agree wholeheartedly!!!!!!

• Zach Schuyler

I would rather have a Mia action flag flowen than a transgender flag flowen nothing against them if that’s the way they want to be

• Mike Boyt

I’m a disabled veteran from 1967 – 1973 and this one thing has hurt me more than any human in office has ever done!!! The MIA were my buddies!

• Audrey Batson

Just when I think the the politicians are losing their minds and doing things to dishonor our missing military, then this act shows up and confirms it.

• Jeanne

Please get rid of that shit, just take a vote, no one wants that crap anywhere around our Natinal flag or other flags that have a true meaning.

• Jimmy Barnett

Thank you for standing up for the veterans, If they wanted to display a transgender flag,why did they have to take down our flags.They couldn’t make room for both flags.thats unamerican to disrespect our men who have given the greatest gift they had to give,They gave their lives,you say your for equality,then put our pow flags up, because they gave their lives for these transgenders,and others so they could come out of the closet in a country that actually protects these kind of people and not being tossed of a roof with your hands bound behind you.

• Stephen Spurlin

Many Great posts here. Anyone can show support for equality WITHOUT disrespecting others. As Lincoln said. “All are created equal”. And “all” can and should be shown respect. Unless you serve in the military your opinion on Trumps Ban is biased. You can still support either or both without degrading anyone.

• Judith Klinefelter

When do the heterosexuals get their own flag? I think we have been discriminated against long enough! I want my own flag! We need it!

• Thomas Rogers

They’re time in office is coming to an end we have swung so far to the left we are unrecognizable as Americans anymore the world laughs at America’s socialist agenda now but next year it will all change and the Pendulum will begin to swing again to the middle I hope if not possibly a civil war will erupt in this country my heart is breaking at the prospect! But I will fight for my country salvation God Bless America!

• Paul O'Donoghue

Well said.

• Patty Howard

Need to keep Mia n Pow flag n no need for transgender flag.Yes they have rights as we do but Really do they need a flag.I.think not.

• Jennifer Hornsby

Thank you! If anything the transgenders should be placing POW/MIA flags in place of theirs! Ridiculous! Make ur cause somewhere else!

• Shirley

Amen

• ItzElleKae

Riddle me this Batman…if the transgender movement is primarily about equality, what message is this sending? The politicians (Democrat’s) who took down the POW/MIA flag in favor of a transgender flag (no matter how temporary) are demonstrating favoritism, disrespect, and a complete disregard for those who are still missing and their friends and families. If their offices couldn’t afford to buy another flag stand, they should have dug into their deeply lined pockets and bought one themselves!

• Gayle

Mike, I am so sorry our Democrats are such jerks. They behave like children and hopefully they won’t make it through another election cycle. Know that the Republicans will stand with you and for you and for our MIA and POWs every day. Thank you for your service Mike!

• Zach Schuyler

• PL COTTON

I think it’s totally disgusting ,that WE NEED TO continually be DISSED , by these SOCIALIST,and Libtards , that have NO BUSINESS IN OUR GOVERNMENT, AND AS FAR AS THESE TRANSERS, GO AHEAD LET THEM IN THE MILITARY, AND. PUT THEM ALL ON POINT !
    I was in Vietnam during the last days,searching for MIA’ s , AND I DON’T BELIEVE YOU SHOULD DISRESPECT THERE SERVICE AND THE GIVING OF THEIR LIVES ,FOR SUCH A PETTY GROUP OF CREATURES, MY BROTHERS DIED TO PROTECT THE FREEDOMS YOU ALL ARE SPITTING ON , HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT SUCH AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE PROUD AMERICAN PEOPLE, YOU’RE NOT AMERICAN, AND SHOULD BE TREATED LIKE TRAITORS ESPECIALLY BERNARD SANDERS, THE MOST SORRY EXCUSE FOR HUMAN FLESH!!!!

• Paul O'Donoghue

Well said

• Jimmy Barnett

• Janet

I wanna cry but it serves no one. My heart breaks as I’ve lost family and friends, America’s brothers and sisters. My family has fought for the Freedom of Americans for centuries and this is what our country does when our Presidents not even in country to take that TRASH down! . Bullshyt isn’t strong enough a word! They are crazy 😜. They want us to ride up in a civil war! The truth hurts but this group is wicked evil 🦹‍♀️ GOD BLESS ALL OUR VETERANS AND MILITARY WHO ARE DEAD, MIA OR POW. May they be at Peace ✌🏽.

• Rhonda

Very well said I agree will you 1000%

• Joe Carona

I couldn’t agree more. Thank you for your service.

• Ynot

Thank you for your service 🇺🇸And agree with you 100%

• David Barnett

This is total bull shit.

• Sandra Taylor

This is unbelievable. The POW/ MIA flag should not have been removed by any means. It’s a disgrace to the families of prisoners of war and those missing in action and also a disgrace to the ones that was serving to protect our land. My God what has the United States become? Seems to me a bunch of spineless individuals who consider money over lives. It’s a shame that our forefathers has to look down and see what the United States is today. Everybody is offended by everything. You know if that was true back when United States was first founded we would never have a United States of America to begin with.

• Patricia Dorris

I agree with you totally. This is so wrong.

• Arlene Vige

GOD did not make a man to become a woman and vice versa!! His WORD says that Homosexuality is an ABOMINATION TO THE LORD!! I agree with President Trump!! This Flag is a disgrace for our Country and our CHRISTIAN beliefs!! AMERICA was built on GOD WE TRUST!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

• GEORGE Goodman

Jewish law also calls homosexuality an Abomination.

• Dan Whisler

All these TRAITORS want to jump on the politically correct B’S, but they won’t take the time to display their flag proudly, look how wrinkled & disrespectful everyone of those Chinese made flags look!

• Judy Russell

Why in the world doesn’t somebody step up and say that’s its incomprehensible. Please don’t let these liberals have all the power. This is so wrong. .

• HT

This is total Bull Shit. There were no Transgender military during WWI; WWII; Korea or Vietnam so why the Hell should they be added to the MIA Flag. What gives them the right. They don’t belong in the Military anyway.

• Ann Higginbotham

Awful. Just Awful. Our men and women should never have the cause of anything come before the flags shown on their behalf

• El Gusher

Idiots!

• John C. Murphy

I have no problem of respecting others, that is the American Way! But, at the same time I expect those that has fought for this country, died for this country and those POW/MIA’s, that has allow for the rights and freedoms to respect others to take priority and certain their respect for what they have done! And as for you Mr. Bernie Sanders, learn the Flag Code and teach your staff! Because the way your flags are displayed is WRONG! The American Flag comes first not second! Transgender people don’t come first to American people. We need to fully support our Armed Forces and it’s Veterans. It’s them that has allow you to have all this crazy bullshit go one!

• Deanna Bowser

On point! Our world is in so much trouble. Straight to Hell. Absolutely treason.

• Joe Grassia

Yeah I think you all have your head screwed on backwards put the pow flag back where it belongs.

• Bjzorn Dean

In the core we did not fight for such a noble cause as God and country we fought for the man to our left and right ,Mr. Democrat this America of yours is breaking my heart.. unlike you though I am bound by honor to my oath I will to this day fight and die for your sorry ass regardless of your action.put that on your pole.

• Edwin Lawrence

I thank everything has been said about those dirty ( RATS ) I think they have lost there loving Mind jn

• William Ashton

As a Commander of an American Legion post, I am appalled that so much disrespect is being shown to my fellow veterans. I have dedicated my life to helping veterans returned to society with no where to go where they feel safe. We have a program in place first veterans with PTSD and other mental and physical problems, our main focus is on preventing suicide and keeping families together. We veterans will not stand for this type of disrespect. I am a Vietnam era veteran, I served in the US NAVY from 1970-1976. I was a Boiler tech aboard a tin can. I manned the phones during combat, I’m no hero, I just did my job. Like most we were disrespted when we came home. I vowed then I would spend my life helping other vets. This flag is an affront to all who served and all the POW/MIA’S WHO never returned in all wars. Shame on the democrats for showing us no respect.

• Niels Slater, HM2, USN, FMF, Retired

It ‘s funny that this is just now showing up on facebook. As a veteran, 20 yrs U.S. NAVY, Desert Storm veteran, that those individuals who chose to replace the POW/MIA flag should not be reelected. It would have been MORE IMPORTANT to display BOTH flags as a protest to #45.

• Dave

I am a vet and a member of AMERICAN LEGION and I am asking that all the Legion Depts. come together and really fight this issue for all us veterans.All we can do is put our frustrations on here so the Dems can see them .

• Marlene

I would love to see a large group of veterans go to DC & take the flags down as many times as it takes to show the jerks WE THE PEOPLE CARE.

• Perry Arrington

Yea F@@@ Bernie Sanders for his support of this total BS

• BRENDA HOFFMAN

You stupid son a birches after the POWS and Vetearns fight for your life’s you disrespect them that way. I hope I live long enough to see your Karma hit you in the face. The devil is waiting with his door open for you.

• Llinda

Pow/Mia should of been left up and they could of added the transgender flag if they chose to do so.

• Wanda Hunt

I agree Linda. If they were hell bent on putting their flag up they could have left the POW/Mia flag alone. They just wanted to create Karma and Flounce their gaining power. Why are so many giving into them? This, in my opinion has gone too far!

• Denis

Linda the devil already has them, that’s why they are so wicked. There are 2 super powers in this world and they aren’t countries. It’s good verses evil. We all know who the good represents as well as the evil. We also know who wins in the end.

• Douglas

Make these wack O’s join the military after they graduate from school for at least 2 years. That way they will have served and respect our freedom and be disciplined. Israel does it and those young men and women become well disciplined young adults.

• Janice Schaller

I agree with you 100%! We have spawned some of the most lazy, selfserving young people that have ever taken a breath, no work just spending all day playing with their electronics,
      Parents & grandparents…take a bow

• Bo Dunford

This is a disgrace to America

• IchabodAmerica

Democrats are disgusting perverts.

• Ichabod America

And FYI: I am a 100% Service Connected Disabled Marine Corps veteran and a member of the American Legion.
      So, when I say that Democrats are disgusting perverts, I am exercising my freedom of speech that I defended as a U.S. Marine.

• Julie Them

This is a great insult to the real heroes.!

• Jann

Good vs. evil
    This is just plain evil. Guess we know who the devilcrats love
    This makes me so angry

• Pissed off

This is bs!! I’m a proud POW/MIA supporter. What have these people done for our country???..

• Dwm

TOTAL DISRESPECT ! These, pardon my language, fucktards, dont belong anywhere near our government buildings. This is why democ… RATS, should not hold any office of responsibility

• BUDDY TOWERY

EVERONE NEEDS TO REMEMBER THIS AT ELECTION TIME

• God

There is no place for this flag in the halls of capital hill. They took down a flag that stands for the sacrifices of many a service man ans woman. Shame on everyone of you for this! I have no problem with anyone that once to live a gay life style, but I will never ever support that kind of life style. God clearly states he hates this kind of life.
    Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.
    Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
    Romans 1:26-27: “For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.”
    1 Corinthian 6:9: “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.”

• Susan

THIS IS BULLSHIT!! TAKE THAT DAMN RAG OF A SO-CALLED FLAG DOWN AND PUT THE POW/MIA FLAG BACK UP! CONGRESS IS A DISGRACE TO AMERICA!!

• Debb

Is disgusting that people equate their base sexual desires with prisoners of war and those missing in action…. these issues are not even in the same universe, and to equate the two shows extreme self centerdness and idiocy Have sex with whatever willing partner you choose, but don’t confuse sex / gender issues with actual warriors.

• Lonnie

Well said Debb, it it disgusting, as a RVN vet, I stand beside you.

• Lonnie

Is this what Congress means by respect for our troops…..spit on us during our time of service, this is NOT new, the government, and a lot of Americans spit on us upon our return.
    Inside LAX, I know for sure, GIs were getting spit on by civilians, I know, because I was one of those GIs upon my return, it was my shoes, but it was still “spit”….. American spit.
    How about showing that “RESPECT” again, for those 1500 plus men and women who have not returned home,
    One more thing Congress, try not to mess up again, most of those fallen could have been home, their families with some rest, after all these years. All three vehicles have the famous POW/MIA plates on the front bumpers,
    Where they will forever remain…. for those who might like to have one of these plates, just try Amazon, that is where I purchased mine.q

• Patty Currey

Democrats! STOP! This act of defiance is so wrong in many ways. Our young men/women who Have fought and the ones who are continuing to fight for OUR country regardless of their own personal preference NEVER deserves this disrespect that YOU as Individuals And a Group showing such an indecent act of dishonor – only to Make “Points” that are unbelievably so disrespectful that I for one, who was raised as a Democrat in a Democrat’s family, is ashamed of The Party And each individual Democrat who has stood by this SHAMEFUL action. It is time to put aside ALL opprobrious Actions and simply WORK together in harmony! WHAT ARE YOU ALL THINKING!!!! You ALL should be chastised and placed on the carpet before the American people to have a voice to decide what measures need to be taken to have your authority Your livelihood your honor striped from you. Just walk one Day in the lives of the most precious ones that wear the badge of honor! There is NO badge of honor in what YOU are doing! Shameful is a what it is that you are taking all because you are driven by a force that is Just plainly spoken WRONG!

• thomas greer

OK IF U LIBTARDS WANT TO PUT THAT FLAG UP BUT TAKE THAT DOWN IS DISRESPECT TO OUR FALLING VETS AND OUR MISSING IS A DAMN UNFORGIVABLE ACT REMEMBER THAT I REALLY DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THAT FLAG BUT DAMN THEN U WONDER Y SO MANY AMERICANS WILL NOT FOR U LIBTARDS

• Cole Linget

You sick fucks this country is about our veterans not about someone that wants to be another sex or a fucking fagget get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Tod

This is the must un- American thing I’ve ever seen. As an American vet I feel disrespected but I guess that’s to be expected- I served my country for people who are trying to figure out there gender and political people to Be put in the news for putting there flag up – will you spit on an American flag too for your agenda just saying

pingbacks / trackbacks