Democrats Replace POW/MIA Flags for Transgender Flag This Last Week

In opinion, Politics

This last week, some of the Democrats removed the POW/MIA flag by their offices and replaced it with a transgender flag to “protest” Trump’s transgender ban on military service. Though reportedly temporary, it was an act of disrespect. Some simply added the transgender flag, which was a better idea. They are calling this week, which happened to contain Vietnam Veterans Day, “TransVisbilityWeek.” Bad timing.

So what’s wrong with standing for something? Democrats have a nasty habit of standing “FOR” something at the expense of standing AGAINST something else- in this case, removing the POW/MIA flags in an extremely poorly timed “protest.” The flags were delivered to members of Congress by the “National Center for Transgender Equality.”

There are still 1,589 Americans listed as MIA – missing in action. Of the 2,500 Americans officially listed as Prisoners of War or Missing in Action, only 1,200 of them were ultimately found to be killed with no body recovered. The flag is a symbol of the missing in Vietnam. Yesterday, Vietnam Veterans Day, replacing those flags was an affront to the memories of those lost in the Vietnam War.

“On March 9,1989, a POW/MIA Flag, which flew over the White House on the 1988 National POW/MIA Recognition Day, was installed in the United States Capitol Rotunda as a result of legislation passed overwhelmingly during the 100th session of Congress. The leadership of both Houses hosted the installation ceremony in a demonstration of bipartisan congressional support. This POW/MIA Flag, the only flag displayed in the United States Capitol Rotunda, stands as a powerful symbol of our national commitment to our POW/MIAs until the fullest possible accounting for Americans still missing in Southeast Asia has been achieved.” USflag.org

Here are some of the legislators who either replaced or added the flag to the ones on display at their offices.

Politicizing the troops?

The House of Representatives passed a resolution on Thursday condemning Trump’s transgender ban. Rep Joe Kennedy called it “targeted discrimination,” according to Fox. It passed 238-185 along mostly party lines. It was a non-binding resolution. Five Republicans voted for the Democrat resolution: Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania, Trey Hollingsworth of Indiana, Will Hurd of Texas, John Katko of New York and Tom Reed of New York.

Next time Democrats want to stand for something, how about they stand for our military? They seem to be having confusion on that idea.Why did the National Center for Transgender Equality pick this week?

Featured photo: screenshot via Kim Schrier, (D-WA), a member of the LGBTEq caucus. Her display without the POW/MIA flag was “temporary,” as she had the POW/MIA flag inside her office. “As a proud member of the @LGBTEqCaucus, I will do everything I can to make sure transgender people #WontBeErased by violence, fear or prejudice. I am committed to safety and equality for all. #TransVisibilityWeek”

• Lynda

This don’t show isn’t showing Trump anything this is showing lack of respect to those who are missing or those who are prisoners of war and their family’s the POW FLAG MIA FLAG are not about Trump it’s about those who served
    that are missing or in prison cause of war so your basically disrespectful to what your standing against

• Mike Boyt

I’m a disabled veteran from 1967 – 1973 and this one thing has hurt me more than any human in office has ever done!!! The MIA were my buddies!

• PL COTTON

I think it’s totally disgusting ,that WE NEED TO continually be DISSED , by these SOCIALIST,and Libtards , that have NO BUSINESS IN OUR GOVERNMENT, AND AS FAR AS THESE TRANSERS, GO AHEAD LET THEM IN THE MILITARY, AND. PUT THEM ALL ON POINT !
    I was in Vietnam during the last days,searching for MIA’ s , AND I DON’T BELIEVE YOU SHOULD DISRESPECT THERE SERVICE AND THE GIVING OF THEIR LIVES ,FOR SUCH A PETTY GROUP OF CREATURES, MY BROTHERS DIED TO PROTECT THE FREEDOMS YOU ALL ARE SPITTING ON , HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT SUCH AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE PROUD AMERICAN PEOPLE, YOU’RE NOT AMERICAN, AND SHOULD BE TREATED LIKE TRAITORS ESPECIALLY BERNARD SANDERS, THE MOST SORRY EXCUSE FOR HUMAN FLESH!!!!

• David Barnett

This is total bull shit.

• Sandra Taylor

This is unbelievable. The POW/ MIA flag should not have been removed by any means. It’s a disgrace to the families of prisoners of war and those missing in action and also a disgrace to the ones that was serving to protect our land. My God what has the United States become? Seems to me a bunch of spineless individuals who consider money over lives. It’s a shame that our forefathers has to look down and see what the United States is today. Everybody is offended by everything. You know if that was true back when United States was first founded we would never have a United States of America to begin with.

• Dan Whisler

All these TRAITORS want to jump on the politically correct B’S, but they won’t take the time to display their flag proudly, look how wrinkled & disrespectful everyone of those Chinese made flags look!

• HT

This is total Bull Shit. There were no Transgender military during WWI; WWII; Korea or Vietnam so why the Hell should they be added to the MIA Flag. What gives them the right. They don’t belong in the Military anyway.

• Ann Higginbotham

Awful. Just Awful. Our men and women should never have the cause of anything come before the flags shown on their behalf

• El Gusher

Idiots!

• John C. Murphy

I have no problem of respecting others, that is the American Way! But, at the same time I expect those that has fought for this country, died for this country and those POW/MIA’s, that has allow for the rights and freedoms to respect others to take priority and certain their respect for what they have done! And as for you Mr. Bernie Sanders, learn the Flag Code and teach your staff! Because the way your flags are displayed is WRONG! The American Flag comes first not second! Transgender people don’t come first to American people. We need to fully support our Armed Forces and it’s Veterans. It’s them that has allow you to have all this crazy bullshit go one!

• Joe Grassia

Yeah I think you all have your head screwed on backwards put the pow flag back where it belongs.

• William Ashton

As a Commander of an American Legion post, I am appalled that so much disrespect is being shown to my fellow veterans. I have dedicated my life to helping veterans returned to society with no where to go where they feel safe. We have a program in place first veterans with PTSD and other mental and physical problems, our main focus is on preventing suicide and keeping families together. We veterans will not stand for this type of disrespect. I am a Vietnam era veteran, I served in the US NAVY from 1970-1976. I was a Boiler tech aboard a tin can. I manned the phones during combat, I’m no hero, I just did my job. Like most we were disrespted when we came home. I vowed then I would spend my life helping other vets. This flag is an affront to all who served and all the POW/MIA’S WHO never returned in all wars. Shame on the democrats for showing us no respect.

pingbacks / trackbacks