Dallas Federal Courthouse Active Shooter Put Down by Federal Agents

 In Domestic

Brian Isaack Clyde, 22, opened fire at the Dallas Federal Courthouse on June 17. Federal Protective Service agents returned fire, killing him. No one other than the suspect was injured, and the only damage was to the door glass on the building.

Clyde arrived at the Earle Cabell Federal Courthouse in Dallas at around 8:40 a.m. yesterday. Dressed in tactical gear with a balaclava, armed with a rifle and numerous magazines, he ran up to the front door and opened fire. Federal agents immediately returned fire, and the gunman ran into the parking lot where he died after attempting to hide behind cars.

Dallas Morning News reporter Tom Fox happened to be at the courthouse to cover a trial, when he found himself having to hide from an active shooter. He peered around the edge of the building and snapped a photograph, worrying that the gunman would see him and attack. He did not, but it was a nailbiter for a minute.

Police later conducted a controlled detonation of a “suspicious device” found in Clyde’s vehicle.

“Private 1st Class Clyde served as an infantryman in the Army from August 2015 to February 2017.” William J. Sharp, public affairs officer for the U.S. Army

Dallas Federal Courthouse

Fox reported,

“…individuals who say they served with him in the 101st Airborne at Fort Campbell in Kentucky told WFAA that Clyde was discharged because he couldn’t pass physical training tests.

One former Army colleague, Dennis Bielby, told the Dallas Morning News that Clyde had struggled with the rigors of military life, yet acted “kind and gentle.”

Another, Matthew Newell, described Clyde as a gun enthusiast who loved military history and medieval weapons.

Clyde grew up attending high school in the Dallas area and records showed he has had no previous run-ins with the law, KDFW reported. The station, citing federal agents, added that Clyde also was not on watch lists of any kind.

One neighbor of his apartment in Fort Worth told authorities that there was a lot of foot traffic in and out of his apartment, and that it “reeked” of the smell of marijuana. Police searched the apartment on Monday and removed several items.

Clyde had some serious problems, and reflected a strange fascination with medieval weapons and armor, according to heavy.com. [They stated he posted “far right” Nazi imagery- but please remember that Nazis are not ‘far right,’ they are far left socialists. The National Socialist Worker’s Party = NAZI.] As investigators try to piece it together, they may find that there is never a logical rhyme or reason for people to become an active shooter.

Brian Clyde Facebook photo via heavy.com

The most important issue here is the response. This “active shooter” only got to dump bullets for 45 seconds in the gunfight that ensued. The Federal agents were armed and ready to take him down. They did it without any problem. The Dallas Federal Courthouse is safe as long as there are armed guards. When will we protect our children like they protected the courthouse?

Leave a Comment

Start typing and press Enter to search

lebanon INtrenton police officer