Army National Guard-Marine Veteran Dies in Hit-and-Run Accident

 In Military

Rudolph “Rudy” Seabron, 57, was a United States Marine Veteran, and Master Sergeant in the Army National Guard. He spent 7 years in the Marine Corps from 1983-1990, and currently served as a Master Sergeant in the Army National Guard. He survived tours in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Kuwait only to be killed by a hit and run driver in Colonie, New York after a weekend spent at the National Guard Armory.

Hit and Run

A story in News10 reported that Police were called by a motorist just after 04:45 am on Sunday morning to advise they thought they hit a man who was lying in the road under an overpass. When police arrive, they realized that the MSgt had been hit earlier by a different vehicle and was killed.

They found car parts at the scene of the accident that reportedly belonged to a 2013-2016 Mazda CX-5 (SUV). That vehicle should have heavy front end or undercarriage damage.

According to his buddies, MSgt Seabron left the Philly’s Bar and Grill at around 03:35 a.m. He was walking on an extremely busy roadway- Watervliet-Shaker Road. The restaurant says that their policy if someone is drunk is to place them in a taxi, so it is unknown why or how Seabron ended up walking on the busy thoroughfare. Colonie police are investigating and would like anyone with information to call the Colonie Traffic Safety Division.  An autopsy was scheduled for Monday.

army national guard-marine veteran

Rudolph Seabron

Rudolph Seabron

His friends called him “Rudy.” When in the Marine Corps, he was with Company D 2nd Battalion, 11th Marine Artillery Regiment out of Camp Pendleton. In the National Guard, he was with numerous contingents, but his last one was  as Operations Sergeant at  NYARNG 42nd Combat Aviation Brigade (CAB), 42nd Infantry Division in Latham, New York.

He was a leader. He was a family man, with a wife and two children. While in the Guard, he recently worked as a bus driver for Turning Stone Casino and Resort, according to his LinkedIn Page.

The National Guard’s Casualty Assistance Team is reportedly working with the family. But it’s hard to understand sometimes why a man that survived so many tours would die on an American roadway. Let’s hope the police catch the driver and soon.

Leave a Comment

Start typing and press Enter to search

marines rescue